Pro's GM Baseball League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seattle Post

Go down

Seattle Post Empty Seattle Post

Post  cubbyfan Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:40 am

Well its that time of year again, the trade deadline has just passed and GM Ray Meade Believes he has put a team together that can win Seattle a World Series. Days before the July 31st Trade deadline, the M's acquired slugging right fielder Ken Girffey Jr. from the Reds for a couple of minor leaguers. Also, just hours before the trade dealine he made 2 trades no one saw coming. The M's acquired two top of the rotation starters in Dontrelle Willis and Tim Hudson. It took the Mariners a package of minor leaguers, including highly touted Dellin Bestances, to get the deal done. He also had to give up Washburn and Kyle Davies in order to acquire willis and a pitcher similar in style to Davies in Kyle Sleeth, who was recently called up to replace the injured Rowland- Smith as the long man in the bullpen. In trading Washburn, the Mariners are no longer responsible for the next four years of his contract and also deal Ryan Ludwick who would have been a free agent at season's end. Currently,only 4 imminent player on the Mariners roster will be eligible for free agency this winter which include Felix Hernandez, Dontrelle Willis, Eric O'Flaherty, and George Sherill. Ray Meade has told the Seattle Post "I have no doubt in my mind that we'll resign King Felix. Hes an important part of this team for years to come. If we feel we need Dontrelle back with us next year, we'll keep him, but if not we have shmidt coming back as long as a few young guys to compete for a spot in a rotation that alreay includes Tim Hudson, Felix Hernadez, and Erik Bedard. I expect to resign Sherill and O'Flaherty also, as our bullpen is one of our strengths this year."
cubbyfan
cubbyfan

Back to top Go down