Pro's GM Baseball League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vetoing Trades

+5
Archie Bunker
mph21
themadone06
ajg1489
Markakis21
9 posters

Go down

Vetoing Trades Empty Vetoing Trades

Post  Markakis21 Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:29 am

this has got to be my biggest frustration with this league. why do all the mods feel they have to flex their muscles and veto every trade at the drop of a hat when it appears even the slightest bit out of line? do you think MLB has trade mods for each trade? i think not, otherwise kazmir for zambrano would have never happened. furthermore, making a bad trade can help a team learn for a future trade. let us learn from them. unless the trade is completely lopsided such as a 90's player going for all 70's, let the damn thing go through. i wish we put this much effort into recruiting players as we do vetoing reasonable trades.

Last edited by Markakis21 on Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:29 am; edited 2 times in total
Markakis21
Markakis21

Back to top Go down

Vetoing Trades Empty Re: Vetoing Trades

Post  ajg1489 Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:33 am

i agree with him, you guys talk about how we need to more activity and trades but it makes it hard when the marginal trades are being vetoed.
ajg1489
ajg1489

Back to top Go down

Post  themadone06 Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:58 am

If you talking about the trades that were made today, I don't see how you could call them marginal. We're not trying to be assholes, we're trying to make sure noone is getting completely screwed.
themadone06
themadone06

Back to top Go down

Post  mph21 Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:26 am

its about competative balance, i am in a dog fight for the NL east and the braves are right there for the division, i would love them to trade away all there good talent for prospects, but lets be serious fellas these trades are very bad and they are made by the same gm who just recently took over the braves. He has really no reason to make these moves, i would love to weaken the NL east but guys lets be serious for a second look at the moves........honestly what is the point of making either one of these deals???
mph21
mph21

Back to top Go down

Post  Archie Bunker Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:31 am

For those keeping score at home, I am also involved in the division battle in the NL East. I think we should let the Braves trade away everyone!
Archie Bunker
Archie Bunker

Back to top Go down

Post  Markakis21 Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:32 am

who are you to tell every GM what move they can make and cannot make. it mind as well be a league run by one person. i'm sorry, i just do not see any justification with vetoing not just these trades, but practically any trade. Unless like I stated, its so lopsided that it should be vetoed. this is a COLLECTION of GM's, not 4 mods getting together and canceling activity. Were going to discourage people from joining if we continue to disapprove trades at this rate. I love doing this league and want it to continue, but I think we just have to lighten up the vetoing a bit.
Markakis21
Markakis21

Back to top Go down

Post  themadone06 Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:31 am

So are you saying you would actually allow the Braves to completely ruin their team like they're going to with those trades? They're in a playoff race and they are trading away all their best players for scrap. I would understand if they were losing and wanted to get rid of the contracts, but they're not the Braves are winning. As long as a trade isn't lopsided, included draft picks, or a rediculous amount of cash a team can't afford, we havn't vetoed it.
themadone06
themadone06

Back to top Go down

Post  budro99 Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:08 am

I don't think logic is adding up here. Atlanta was trading a 33 year old pitcher in Hudson, Hmm, an againg star who is geting paid more than he's worth? That would never happen. But we let teams trade away obvious superstars in silly deals. Would Philly never trade Ryan Howard.... for Conor Jackson and other prospects? Oh and throw in Ryan Madsen....their best reliever! While they're at it, they might as well trade Utley for an Outfielder and 3 AAA lifers.....Oh, they did!

What about this one?
Rockies Send/Nationals Recieve

COL SS Herrera, Jonathan 78 83 23 $20,000 Arb '11
COL SP Pelfrey, Mike 77 85 24 $20,000 2

Nationals Send/Rockies Recieve

WSN SP Balester, Collin 74 83 22 $380,000 Arb '10
WSN RP Campbell, Brett 81 84 26 $30,000 Arb '11
WSN RP Schroder, Chris 85 85 29 $380,000 2

Looks to me like Colorado owes the Nats a mid-80's player. But that one went through pretty easily.
Would Detroit trade their premier reliever for a bunch of specs in the middle of a pennant race? Apparently!

I'd say there are a lot worse trades than the ones put through in the last day.
budro99
budro99

Back to top Go down

Post  themadone06 Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:32 am

You know what, fine I'll let them do it. Don't get pissed off at me because I was looking out for the Braves well being while your making a steal out of it. The only trades I will be vetoeing from now on will be for financial reason. If anyone else wants to trade their star players for AAA lifers go ahead fine with me. Just don't be whining in a few seasons when there are only 4 or 5 good teams and there is no competition because people were trading star players for nothing in return.
themadone06
themadone06

Back to top Go down

Post  Caille Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:33 am

i am with themadone on this one...if anyone thinks these trades are even remotely close then go for it...if beach and ryan agree then anyone that wants to completely demolish their team and drop all their mlb talent for guys who will never make a major league roster then go for it...like he said i don't want to hear everyone bitching and complaing when this league is not competitive in 2 seasons
Caille
Caille

Back to top Go down

Post  Beach Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:31 am

from now on....you trade who you wanna trade, bottom line.

if your in the middle of a playoff race, and instead wanna become sellers instead of buyers....by all means go ahead

no more whining about trades, and from now on...trade mods try to be leanient.

thanks
Beach
Beach

Back to top Go down

Post  holtzschwamm99 Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:14 am

I find it hilarious that the people who are arguing my trades are totally blind to what I am doing. Before the trades, I had a quailty catcher, an overpaid starter and a ss who although he is decent was not the starter. I also hae two pitchers who are probablygoing to retire at the end of the season in Smoltz and Glavin. By no means are the BRaves prepared for the future. So I went out and looked for some quailty prospects that will be able to elp the Braves both stay in the hunt this year and also help in the future when I have no pitchers. This is how baseball works. For many years I have been a fan of a team that goes out and fails to look ahead and now will be the worst team in rela life baseball because we have not look toward the future but instead invested in players who will "help bring them out of fourth place and into third". If any one wants to argue against me that is fine, but there have been a ton of "mysterious" trades going through. Oh by the way...I simmed the rest of the season and I finshed as the winner of the wild card after the trades..So I guess maybe the "idiot" GM who runs the Braves has an idea of what he is doing.
holtzschwamm99
holtzschwamm99

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down